Local Academy Committee Terms of Reference
There will be two main Local Academy Committee meetings during each term which all local academy committee members attend. This has removed the need for committees. Our termly meetings will have the following remit:
- Strategic Vision
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Diocese/Worship/Links with Christ Church
- Parent Voice
- Pupil Voice
- Community – local, national and international
- Curriculum and Achievement
Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Principal’s Report
- Quality of Teaching
- Pupil premium monitoring and evaluation
- Pupil progress
- Communication with parents and the local community
- Extended school – extra-curricular activities
- Finance, Personnel & Health and Safety
Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Equality and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline
- Budget setting and updates
- Health and safety
- Financial controls and reporting
In the event of an appeal panel or disciplinary panel being required, the Local Academy Committee at Christ Church CE Primary Academy has agreed that any local academy member may be asked to be a member of that panel subject to availability, training and lack of personal involvement.
Guidance on Meetings
- There will be occasions where attendance at the meetings will include people who are not local academy committee members.
- A member of the teaching staff will be invited to one of the local academy committee meetings during an academic year to share relevant information about the progress their class are making and the leadership of their national curriculum subject.
- The quorum for a meeting will be at least 2/3 of the local academy committee.
The chair of the LAC can be contacted in writing using the school address with all correspondence being marked as Confidential for the Chair of the LAC.
|Name||Type of Member|
|Andy Colclough (Chair)||Parent|
|Colin Parkes (Vice Chair)||Trust Appointed|
|Fr Tommy Merry||Trust Appointed|
|Paula Scattergood (Principal)||Ex Officio|
|Simon Rimmington||Trust Appointed|
|Sue Wedgwood||Trust Representative|
|Emma Wilkes||Vice Principal/ Associate Member|
|Helen Barr||Clerk to the Local Academy Committee|
The following link members were agreed by the Local Academy Committee. These will be reviewed annually (autumn term):
Safeguarding and Child Protection: Mr Andy Colclough
SEN: Mrs Carol Paxton
Pupil Premium and Sports Funding: Fr Tommy Merry
Assessment: Mr Simon Rimmington
RE and Worship: Mr Colin Parkes
Mental Health and Well-being: Fr Tommy Merry