Christ Church CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you are worried or concerned about a child or family please speak to either:
Mrs Scattergood – Designated Officer for Child Protection
Mrs Birks – Deputy Designated Officer for Child Protection
Mr Hields – Deputy Designated Office for Child Protection
Other Useful Contacts
Telephone 01782 235100 – Advice and referrals team at the Local Authority
National helpline numbers (free of charge):-
NSPCC Helpline – 0808 800 5000
Child line – 0800 1111
Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children’s Board www.safeguardingchildren.stoke.gov.uk
At Christ Church CE Primary School, we believe that all children have the right to be happy, to be safe and to learn. We all have the responsibility to make this happen.
- The governors and staff of Christ Church CE Primary School recognise that at all times the welfare of the child is of paramount importance.
- Christ Church CE Primary School believes that all children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to be protected from harm.
- At Christ Church CE Primary School all suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All staff and volunteers working at Christ Church CE Primary School have a responsibility to report concerns to Mrs Scattergood (Designated safeguarding Lead) or in her absence Mrs Birks or Mrs Finney (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Christ Church CE Primary School is committed to the provision of a full, rich and efficient education for all of its pupils and acknowledges that good quality education within an appropriate safe environment is vital to raising the aspirations of all pupils.
- The governors and staff of Christ Church CE Primary School fully recognise the contribution made by the school in safeguarding and successfully promoting the welfare of children. All staff, including volunteers, play a full and active part in protecting all pupils from harm.
- All staff and governors of Christ Church CE Primary School are committed to the provision of a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment which effectively promotes the social, physical and moral well-being of all pupils and caters for the rights of all children.
- The governors and staff of Christ Church CE Primary School recognise their duty to safeguard and protect the well-being of all pupils; through day-to-day contact with pupils and direct work with families, to play a crucial role in observing possible indicators of abuse or neglect; are committed to act in accordance with locally agreed Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) procedures and guidance from central government.
Please click the link below to see our Child Protection Policy.