PE and Sport Premium Report 2019/2020
Our PE and Sport Premium funding for the academic year 2019/2020 is £17, 690.
A detailed report outlining the spend for the current academic year can be found by clicking the link below.
PE and Sport Premium Report 2018/2019
Our PE and Sport Premium allocation for the academic year 2018/2019 was £17, 770.
It is our aim to ensure that the PE and Sport Premium funding has a positive impact upon the health and well-being of our pupils as well as being able to provide a variety of sporting activities for all pupils.
Further information about PE and Sport Premium can be found by following the link below:
This money will be spent on:
- Funding membership of oPEn – a Primary PE School Sport Partnership which provides opportunities for children to participate in competitive sports and staff to take part in PE professional development;
- Continuing Improvement of our facilities for use during PE lessons;
- Providing after school clubs for children to improve their health and well-being;
- Funding swimming lessons for all key stage 2 pupils.
As a result of the funding:
- There will be increased opportunities for children to take part in competitive sports;
- We will be much better equipped to teach PE/Games to all classes;
- All of our key stage 2 children will receive a course of 10 swimming lessons which should impact upon the percentage achieving the national expectation of being able to swim at least 25 metres.
- Membership of oPEn provides staff with regular CPD which is utilised to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE;
- The improvements made to our playground will ensure that our school grounds are appropriate for holding a range of sporting events;
Year 6 Swimming Competency (Leavers 2019)
62% of our year 6 cohort could confidently swim 25m.
34% of the cohort could perform safe, self-rescue.